Call For Papers
Currently we are inviting Call for Papers for the Volume I Issue I of the LDPR.
Manuscripts may be submitted under the following categories:
- Long Manuscripts: Between 5000 and 6000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Manuscripts in this category are expected to engage with the theme and literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Short Manuscripts: Between 2000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Short Manuscripts are far more concise in scope. These Manuscripts usually deal with a very specific issue and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes. This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In case of legislative comment, the note must analyze the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
- Books reviews: should focus on books published in the past three years. Reviews of older books may be accepted if the author can justify why a review would be timely and a good fit for the journal. Book reviews inform readers about current advances in the field and encourage productive discourse. Submissions should be less than 1,500 words in length which describes the book’s arguments and provides a critical analysis of the book’s strengths and weaknesses.
All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Journal. All the contributions shall be put through plagiarism check software and any plagiarized work will be out rightly rejected. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Law Journal.
1) The work submitted shall be original and unpublished.
2) Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
3) Maximum Co-Authorship of three persons is allowed.
4) Citation: The Citation style should be in consonance with Harvard Blue Book, 20th Edition. Speaking footnotes are discouraged.
5) The body of the paper shall be formatted in the following manner-
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
Font: Times New Roman
Line Spacing: 1
6) The copyright of the entry to the Journal will rest with the Editorial Board once the entry has been selected and the authors (s) of the same have been notified.
All the Articles, Short Articles and Case Commentaries being contributed for Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy are to be sent at: email@example.com
The entries should reach the given email Id before 5:00 PM, 20th February 2019.
Entry should be in either ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
A mail confirming the receipt of the entry and subsequently notifying selected works of author (s) will be sent.
A cover letter mentioning the name, contact numbers, name of the institution/ name of the university/ Occupation should be attached along with the article itself.
The publication fees for Volume 1 Issue 1 of LDPR are as follows:
Single Author: INR 1500
Co - Authors: INR 2000
Foreign Author: USD 40
Mode of Payment
Account Name – Swapnil Singh
Name & Address of the Bank Branch – ICICI Bank, Lal Sagar Branch, Rajasthan
IFSC Code – ICIC0006830
Branch Code – 006830
Paytm: +91 9967069792
For further more information, kindly refer to the brochure: