Guide for Authors
Currently we are inviting papers for the Volume 2 of the Legal Development and Policy Review.
Manuscripts may be submitted under the following categories:
- Long Manuscripts: Between 5000 and 6000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Manuscripts in this category are expected to engage with the theme and literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Short Manuscripts: Between 2000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Short Manuscripts are far more concise in scope. These Manuscripts usually deal with a very specific issue and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes. This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In case of legislative comment, the note must analyze the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
- Books reviews: should focus on books published in the past three years. Reviews of older books may be accepted if the author can justify why a review would be timely and a good fit for the journal. Book reviews inform readers about current advances in the field and encourage productive discourse. Submissions should be less than 1,500 words in length which describes the book’s arguments and provides a critical analysis of the book’s strengths and weaknesses.
LDPR doesn’t restrict the authors to any specific theme and the authors are free to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. The article must address a contemporary legal, social, political or economical issue.
All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Journal. All the contributions shall be put through plagiarism check software and any plagiarized work will be out rightly rejected. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Law Journal.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere including electronically in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
All authors should have made substantial contributions to all of the following: (1) the conception and design of the study, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data, (2) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content, (3) final approval of the version to be submitted.
1) The work submitted shall be original and unpublished.
2) Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
3) Maximum Co-Authorship of three persons is allowed.
4) Citation: The Citation style should be in consonance with Harvard Blue Book, 20th Edition. Speaking footnotes are discouraged.
5) The body of the paper shall be formatted in the following manner-
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
Font: Times New Roman
Line Spacing: 1
6) The copyright of the entry to the Journal will rest with the Editorial Board once the entry has been selected and the authors (s) of the same have been notified.
All the Articles, Short Articles and Case Commentaries being contributed for Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy are to be sent at: email@example.com
Entry should be in either ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
A mail confirming the receipt of the entry and subsequently notifying selected works of author (s) will be sent.
A cover letter mentioning the name, contact numbers, name of the institution/ name of the university/ Occupation should be attached along with the article itself.
For any questions or concerns related to LDPR, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.